The Shape of Water

At a top secret research facility in the 1960s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity.
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
Release Date: December 22, 2017
My thoughts: 🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

     When I first saw the trailer of this, I immediately said to myself that it's not my cup of tea. I mean, medyo cryptic ang title and the main character's appearance didn't help to catch my attention. She looks old.
     Judgmental much, yep that's me. Because I was proven wrong when I realized there's much, much more to this film.
     I'm thankful that I got really curious about it after bagging some major awards from the Oscar's. Because boy! This is not your typical love story.
     Yup, this one is. One that might not be acceptable for others since there's something otherworldly about the male protagonist.
     I was so overwhelmed after watching this that I can't find enough words to express my awe and appreciation for this gem.
     Basta pagkatapos ko siyang mapanood, there's this satisfaction in me after being in the roller-coaster ride of emotions this has brought me. I'm super happy with the way the story unfolds and I find it rare na wala akong kahit anong reklamo with how the things turn out.
     To think that I first thought it would be hard for me to accept the idea of someone being with a human-like amphibian.
     Para akong nagayuma because I fully accepted and understood that love can really be found in unusual circumstances.
     And after I finished this wonderful film, I researched anything that I might come across with about it and really hope that there's going to be a sequel.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.